Monday, February 7, 2011

Hope for the New Year

When I consider where I was a year ago today,
I smile at all the happenings that brought me on my way.
I think of all the friends I've made and places I have traveled,
And laugh at how the plans I made all seemed to come unraveled.

I'd wile away the hours just hoping and a'wishin,
Then realized the "Best laid plans" don't always see fruition.
And though I don't regret the way that things have come to be.
They would have turned out different if it ALL was up to me.

We cannot know precisely what Creator has in store,
We can but try to do the things that we are put here for.
Each one of us must play a part fulfilling destiny,
and lift illusions veil to learn what we are meant to be.

So I will choose to walk along the path of peace and love,
And pray that I'll be led along with guidance from above.
And when this New year runs it's course and finds its final night,
I hope to stand with others who've awakened to the Light...

No comments:

Post a Comment