Tuesday, July 6, 2010

More than words can say

If I could only tell you just how much you mean to me.
If I could put my feelings into words with clarity,
describing all the love I feel, precisely without fail
and all of the emotions that my longings do entail,
I'd write a sonnet just for you and place it in your heart
so you would always have it even when we were apart.

If words could be my paint brush and the sky my canvas be,
I'd paint my love across the sky for all the world to see.
Tenderly my brush of words would bring my love to bear
and without shame I'd show the world how much I truly care.
With colors of the sunset, the mountains and the sea,
I'd paint for you a masterpiece and sign it lovingly.

But I cannot express to you the love within my soul.
The love I hold inside for you, I simply must control.
To you it's just a friendship, devoid of loves appeal,
for you are unaware of the emotions that I feel.
So I will just continue to dream of what could be
if you would ever recognize the love for you in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment